Important Legal Disclosures and Information
Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer
You can earn a Bonus of $20, $50, $100, $200, $500, $1,000 or $2,000 by opening a new Citi Savings Account, funding it with New-to-Citibank Funds within 20 days, and maintaining that balance for another 60 days.
You are eligible for the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer if you are at least 18 years old and a new or existing Citibank customer. Only customers who open in a branch or use a residential address in NY, CT, NJ, DC, VA, MD or select markets in IL and FL when they apply for their new Citi Savings Account can qualify.
To be eligible for the bonus, U.S. persons must furnish or have a valid IRS Form W-9 (Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification) on file with Citibank and foreign individuals must furnish or have a valid IRS Form W-8BEN (Certificate of Foreign Status of Beneficial Owner for United States Tax Withholding and Reporting (Individuals)) on file with Citibank. Additionally, the account must not be subject to backup withholding.
Certain “Savings Accounts” are eligible for the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer. Any Citi Savings Account opened during the Offer Period that you continue to own until the end of the Maintenance Period in the Citibank Account Package, the Citi Priority Account Package, or the Citigold Account Package (including Citigold Private Client) can qualify for the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer.
- Citi Accelerate Savings Accounts do not qualify for this offer.
- Savings Accounts that are living trust accounts and custodial accounts are eligible, but fiduciary, estate, business, retirement (IRAs, SEPs, CESAs, money purchase pension plans and profit sharing plans), and other trust accounts will not qualify for this offer.
- International Personal Bank customers are not eligible for this offer.
Here are the steps to qualify:
- First, open a new Citi Savings Account between July 1, 2021 and September 30th, 2021 (“Offer Period”).
- Second, so long as September 30th has not passed, enroll in the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer on the same day you open pursuant to the instructions provided. You can enroll online by clicking “enroll now” and following the instructions for online account opening or by contacting a Citibank representative by phone or in a branch and asking the representative to enroll you in the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer. However, if you open your account on citi.com by any other means you will be not be eligible to earn the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer.
- For new to Citigold Private Client relationship status please speak with a Relationship Manager or visit a branch to enroll.
- Third, on the 20th Day after you open your account, we will check your “On Deposit” balance in New-to-Citibank Funds which will determine the Bonus you can try to earn (“Balance”). As long as you maintain at least a $10,000 Balance every day for 60 calendar days after your 20th Day (“Maintenance Period”) you will remain eligible for a Bonus, but please understand if your Balance falls into a lower Balance Tier for even one day during the Maintenance Period, your Bonus will change (see Chart).
- For example, if your Balance on the 20th Day is $250,000, the Bonus you can try to earn is $500. If your Balance is $50,000 on day 45, however, the Maximum Bonus you can earn changes to $100.
- “New-to-Citibank Funds” are 1) funds deposited from external accounts or payees other than Citibank, N.A. and 2) must be deposited using domestic ACH transfer, Direct Deposit, checks drawn on banks other than Citibank, N.A. or wire transfer. Cash deposits, Citi Global Transfers, international ACH transfers, Zelle® transactions and person-to-person transfer services such as Apple Pay, PayPal®, and Venmo, and Zelle®, do not qualify as New-to-Citibank Funds.
- So long as the deposit does not pre-date the opening of the Savings Account, New-to-Citibank Funds can be deposited into a checking account in the same package as the Savings Account and transferred to the Savings Account before the 20th Day.
- “20th Day” means the 20th calendar day after you open your new Citi Savings Account, but don’t worry if your 20th Day falls on a weekend or U.S. National holiday. If that happens, we will count the next Business Day as your 20th Day instead. If you open your new Savings Account by calling Citibank at 1-833-382-0004 EXT 1013, we will look at the 30th Calendar Day to determine your Bonus.
|$10,000 - $24,999
|$25,000 - $49,999
|$50,000 - $99,999
|$100,000 - $249,999
|$250,000 - $499,999
|$500,000 - $999,999
- Fourth, your Savings Account must remain open and in good standing from the time it’s opened until you receive your Bonus. Your Bonus will be paid to your Savings Account within 90 days after you successfully complete all required activities.
The Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer is a savings account offer. Savings Accounts may only be used to fulfill the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer once per Offer Period. Unless expressly prohibited in another offer, when multiple savings offers are available within an offer period, customers may participate in more than one savings account offer during a savings offer’s Offer Period. However, customers can only participate in each savings account offer once per offer period. If an Eligible Customer enrolls in multiple savings account offers during the Offer Period, the requirements of each offer must be met separately. Eligible Customers cannot participate in the Get Rewarded for Saving More Offer and the Citi Savings Account Special Cash Bonus Offer in the same offer period.
This offer may be withdrawn prior to enrollment. All accounts subject to applicable terms, fees, programs, products and services which are subject to change. Accounts subject to approval. Participation and enrollment in a promotional offer does not guarantee eligibility or fulfillment of the promotional offer. Annual Percentage Yields (APYs) are variable and subject to change without notice after the account is opened. Speak to a banker for more details. All accounts subject to the Client Manual Consumer Accounts and Marketplace Addendum.
Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
Accurate as of 6/15/21, in the states of NY, CT, MD, VA, DC, CA, NV, NJ and select markets in FL or IL, the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Citi Savings Account in the Citigold Account Package (including Citigold Private Client) and the Citi Priority Account Package range from 0.06% to 0.15%. Accurate as of 6/15/21, in the states of NY, CT, MD, VA, DC, CA, NV, NJ and select markets in FL or IL, the Annual Percentage Yield (APY) for Citi Savings Accounts in the Citibank Account Package range from 0.04% to 0.13%.
A monthly service fee of $25 and a $2.50 non-Citibank ATM fee apply to the checking account in the Citibank Account Package if a combined average monthly balance of $10,000 or more is not maintained. A monthly service fee of $30 applies to the Citi Priority Account Package if a combined average monthly balance of $50,000 or more is not maintained. There is no monthly service fee for a checking account in the Citigold Account Package. If you do not maintain a minimum combined average monthly balance of $200,000 in eligible linked deposit, retirement and investment accounts, your Citigold Account Package will be converted to the Citi Priority Account Package and your accounts will be subject to the terms and conditions then in effect for that package. The Citi Private Client relationship status is part of the Citigold Account Package. Fees could reduce account earnings. For account pricing details please visit citi.com/compareaccounts..
Important Tax Information:
The bonus will be reported to the IRS as interest to the first signer on the account, in the year received, as required by applicable law. Bonus payments received by U.S. persons will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT for the year received. Bonus payments received by non-U.S. persons will be reported on IRS Form 1042-S for the year received. Customer is responsible for any applicable taxes and consulting a tax advisor. Citi is not a tax advisor.
Speak to a Bank representative for more information.
1 Deposits in savings accounts are FDIC insured up to $250,000 per depositor, per ownership category. To learn more visit www.fdic.gov.
2 Regular account charges apply. Citibank does not charge you a fee for using the Citi Mobile® App or the Mobile Check Deposit service. You must have Internet access through your mobile device and charges from your wireless carrier may apply. The Mobile Check Deposit service is subject to eligibility. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply.
3 Claim is based on locations in the United States where customers can make cash withdrawals with no surcharge (usage) fee by the ATM operator. Citibank customers can get cash, get information and make transfers between their eligible linked Citibank accounts with no surcharge fee when they use their Citibank® Banking Card at ATMs in the U.S. located at Citibank branches, ATMs at select retail store locations, and ATMs participating in the MoneyPass® Network. ATMs in retail stores and at other non-Citi locations are not owned or operated by Citibank and offer fewer functions. Use the Citi Worldwide ATM/Branch Locator on Citibank Online or the Citi Mobile® App to find the nearest ATMs and branches, including non-Citibank ATMs in the U.S. with surcharge-free access. MoneyPass is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc.
4 Online funding limits. You can use the Add Funds or Fund Account features on Citibank Online or CitiMobile App, respectively, to fund your Citibank account. When transferring funds from your external account at another institution into your Citibank account via ACH transfer your limit is $250,000 in a rolling 30-day calendar period. Please note this type of funding can take up to 4 business days for the transfer to clear and the funds made fully available to you so you should take this into consideration when completing your required activities. The Inter-Institutional Transfer service is also available on Citibank Online to transfer funds from an external account subject to a $100,000 transfer limit in a rolling 30-day calendar period. If your funding amount exceeds these limits, you can deposit checks drawn on banks other than Citibank N.A. by branch, by mail, ATM or alternatively, you can initiate a wire transfer from your external account on the business day after account opening. Please note the financial institution sending the wire transfer may charge you a fee for this service. A $15 fee for processing an incoming wire transfer applies to customers within the Citibank Account Package. The fee is waived for customers within the Citi Priority and Citigold Account Packages.
Citibank provides information about and access to accounts and financial services provided by Citibank, N.A. and its affiliates in the United States and its territories. The Citibank offer is not, and should not be construed as, an offer, invitation or solicitation to buy or sell the products or services at issue to individuals outside of the United States.
Apple Pay is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Zelle and the Zelle related marks are wholly owned by Early Warning Services, LLC and are used herein under license. PayPal.com and the PayPal logo are trademarks of PayPal Holdings, Inc., or its affiliates. PayPal terms and conditions apply. Certain other trademarks listed above are owned by third parties not affiliated with Citibank.
©2021 Citibank, N.A. Member FDIC. Citi, Citi and Arc Design and other marks used herein are service marks of Citigroup Inc. or its affiliates, used and registered throughout the world. MoneyPass is a registered trademark of Fiserv, Inc.